you for visiting the website of the Southern New Jersey Chapter
2012 / 2013 Events
Click here for registration form
Click here for the nomination form
2012 NATIONAL DAY ACTIVITIES NOW AVAILABLE
Happy Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month! The 11th Annual National Day to Prevent Teen Pregnancy is tomorrowand we hope you will do whatever you can in the coming days and weeks to support this fun and informative online event.
Beginning today and throughout the rest of May, teens nationwide will be able to visit StayTeen.org to participate in a number of online activities that deliver teen pregnancy prevention messages and challenge them to think carefully about what they might do "in the moment." This year, we are offering the following activities:
The National Day to Prevent Teen Pregnancy Quiz: Our popular online quiz returns for its eleventh year featuring a prom-themed storyline and fun stop-motion animation. Available throughout May, teens can visit StayTeen.org to take this short, scenario-based quiz that challenges them to think carefully about what they would do in a number of risky sexual situations. Print versions of the quiz and discussion guides for teens and parents are also available in both English and Spanish. Take the quiz now and find out how you score.
Stay Teen CRUSH!: Young people will also be able to play CRUSH!, a new game that challenges them to help their friends rise above the pressure to have sex. Teens ages 13-19 can enter into a drawing for a new 32GB iPad with WiFi by completing the game (see contest page for details). Think you've got what it takes to rise above the pressure? Play it now and see.
Special thanks to all of our wonderful National Day partners and all of the individuals and organizations across the country who are planning National Day events for your support. Last year, more than a half-million people participated in the National Day to Prevent Teen Pregnancy. With your help, we hope to reach even more this year. Remember, all of our National Day activities are available online throughout May, so it's not too late to help spread the word. Need some ideas? Visit the National Day section of our website.
NATIONAL DAY WEB BANNERS NOW AVAILABLE
One of the most important ways you can help promote the National Day is by placing a link or running a National Day web banner on your website throughout May. The National Day is an online activity, so web links and banner placements are critical to the success of the event. A selection of banners promoting the 2012 National Day Quiz and the Stay Teen CRUSH! are now available to download. Visit our 2012 National Day Banners page to preview the banners and follow the instructions to download or request banner images for you website and consider running one or more of these banners on your website throughout May. If you have banner-related questions, please contact Michael Rosst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEDIA SPOTLIGHT ON THE NATIONAL DAY
Thanks to The National Campaign's media partners, May will be full of teen pregnancy-related messaging on TV and online. Their work really matters: Three-quarters of teens and adults say that what they see in the media about sex, love, and relationships can be a good way to start conversations about these topics.
- FOX: Look for our new StayTeen PSAs on FOX during your favorite shows throughout May. StayTeen PSAs were filmed by members of our own Youth Leadership Team.
- TeenNick: TeenNick will run a special programming block with Degrassi episodes that have featured teen pregnancy story lines over the years. For the first time, TeenNick will promote the National Day quiz on-screen during the episodes, and will air StayTeen PSAs throughout the day. Look for special content about teen pregnancy prevention on TeenNick.com.
- MTV: MTV has created a short video featuring several cast members from the new season of 16 and Pregnant that will be available at MTV.com. They also plan to air spots during upcoming episodes of 16 and Pregnant and Savage U and will being posting about the National Day on It Your (Sex) Life and MTV Act blogs.
- Tr3s: During Lo Que Te Pica, a popular music video show on MTV’s bilingual, bicultural channel for Latino youth, hosts will mention the National Day on-air and will direct viewers to Tr3s.com, where the National Day quiz will be featured prominently on the site’s marquee, a special post on Blogamole, and links to the quiz and our “Life As We Know It” short film. Visit Tr3s.com for more information.
- Telemundo: On May 2, the Campaign’s own Ann Marie Benitez, Senior Manager of our Latino Initiative, will be a guest on Levantate!, Telemundo’s hit morning show. She will talk about the importance of preventing teen pregnancy and what parents can do to help.
Special thanks to all of our wonderful media partner for their exceptional support of the National Day. Without your efforts that National Day could not have been such a great success. We look forward to working with you all in 2013. Stay up to date on what's happening in the media on our 2012 National Day Media Partnerships page.
LET US KNOW ABOUT YOUR EVENT
If you have a National Day activity planned in the coming weeks, we want to know all about it! Please send a description of your event to email@example.com. Many thanks to those of you who have already done so! You can find out what others across the country are planning for the 2012 National Day on our National Day Activities page.
For more information about the National Day to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, please visit the National Day section of our website. As always, contact us if you have questions or need assistance. Thanks for all you do!
©2012, The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy.
1776 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20036.
ph: (202) 478-8500. fax: (202) 478-8588. CFC #1976.
The National Coalition of 100 Black Women ‐Southern New Jersey Chapter would like to formally invite you to join us in our 1st 3 Mile Walk/Run event for Obesity Prevention. This event will be held at the Gloucester Township Veteran Memorial Park, 1261 Chews
Landing ‐ Clementon Road (at Hider Lane), Mt. Laurel, NJ from 9 am to 12 pm on
Saturday, May 5, 2012.
Click for details.
National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day 2012
March 10 is National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, a day to recognize the special risks HIV/AIDS pose for women and girls, and to raise awareness of the disease's impact on them. Learn more.
To view events prior to 2012, please visit our archive.
National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc.
Southern New Jersey Chapter
P.O. Box 4
Wenonah, NJ 08090
National Headquarters WEB site: www.ncbw.org